Canada Facts and Trivia
Canada is an amazing country, with a great diversity of characteristics. Here are a few interesting facts about Canada
Facts about Canada
- Canada is the second largest country in the world, with 9,971,000 square kilometres of land.
- The baseball glove was invented in Canada in 1883.
- With only three people per square kilometer, Canada has the fourth lowest population density in the world.
- Vancouver Canada is tied with Zurich Switzerland for the highest quality of life of any city in the world.
- According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the quality of life in Canada is in many ways higher than in most other countries.
- According to the United Nations Human Development Index, Canada has the highest quality of life in the world.
- The world's smallest jail is believed to be in Rodney, Ontario, Canada. It is only 24.3 square meters (about 270 square feet).
- Canada has the ninth biggest economy of the world
- Contrary to popular opinion, Canada does not own the North Pole. In fact, the North Pole is not owned by any country. It is believed, however, that Santa Claus is from Canada.
- Canada is the world's eighth biggest trader.
- Of all of the world's producers of natural gas, copper, zinc, nickel, aluminum, and gold, Canada is in the top five.
- Canada is the home of many great inventions, including: basketball, the electric light bulb, the electric range, the electron microscope, standard time, the television, the telephone, and the zipper.
- Canada is the fifth largest energy producer.
- Canada has the world's highest tertiary education enrolment.
Information for Visitors to Canada