Hotel Front Desk Agent - Practicum Job Description
Hotel front desk clerks make room reservations, provide information and services to guests and receive payment for services. They are employed by hotels, motels and resorts.
front desk clerk, hotel
- front office clerk, hotel
- guest service agent
- guest service representative
- hotel front desk clerk
- night clerk
- reservations clerk – hotel
- room clerk
Hotel front desk clerks perform some or all of the following duties:
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests' complaints
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent is usually required.
- Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program, or a college program in front desk operations or hotel management may be required.
- Guest service trade certification is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and the Yukon from the Tourism Education Council.services available in the community and respond to guests' complaints
- Progression to senior positions in the hospitality industry is possible with additional training and experience.
Internships in Banff & Canmore.
Schedules & Terms.
Accommodation in Banff & Canmore.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Jobs for Front Desk Clerks.
Work Permits for Front Desk Clerks in BC & Alberta.
Please note that visitors to Canada must have a Work Permit to participate in this program.
© 2014 Vancouver English Centre
Last updated on Jan 26/08
at 18:28 PDT