Night Audit Clerk - Practicum Job Description
Hotel night audit clerks work a late evening and usually through the night shift on the front desk. They make room reservations, provide information and services to guests and receive payment for services as well as specific night duties including entering of accounting information and hotel security. They are employed by hotels, motels and resorts.
front desk clerk, hotel
- guest service agent
- guest service representative
- hotel front desk clerk
- night clerk
- reservations clerk ? hotel
Hotel front desk clerks perform some or all of the following duties:
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests' complaints
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
- Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment.
- Daily accounting data entry and reconcile
- Hotel security
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent is usually required.
- Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program, or a college program in front desk operations or hotel management may be required.
- Guest service trade certification is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and the Yukon from the Tourism Education Council.
Progression to senior positions in the hospitality industry is possible with additional training and experience.
Language Co-op in Banff & Canmore.
Schedules & Terms.
Accommodation in Banff & Canmore.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Please note that visitors to Canada must have a Work Permit to participate in this program.
© 2016 Vancouver English Centre
Last updated on Apr 28/14
at 15:36 PDT